Competition Law and Employment
How to Cite
Moudgil, R., & Bandey, S. (2020). Competition Law and Employment. Competition Commission of India Journal on Competition Law and Policy, 1, 141–163. https://doi.org/10.54425/ccijoclp.v1.2
- Akerlof, G. and Yellen, J.(1985). A Near-Rational Model of the Business Cycle, with Wage and Price Inertia. Quarterly Journal of Economics, Supplement, 100:5, pp. 823–38.
- Albæk, S. (2012). Consumer Welfare in EU Competition Policy, in Caroline Heide-Jorgensen (eds.), Aims and Values in Competition Law.DJØF Publishing. Available at: http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/competition/ economist/consumer_welfare_2013_en.pdf
- Bartz, D. (2018). Knorr, Wabtec agree to end pacts not to poach workers.Reuters.
- Bhaskar, V., Manning, A. and To, T. (2002). Oligopsony and Monopsonistic Competition in Labour Markets. Journal of Economic Perspectives, Volume 16, Number 2, Spring, pp. 155–174.
- Bork, R.H. (1978). The Antitrust Paradox.
- BundesKartellamt (2008). Buyer Power in Competition Law. Background paper. Burdett, K. and Mortensen, D. (1998). Wage Differentials, Employer Size, and Unemployment. International Economic Review, 39:2, pp. 257–73.
- Carstensen, P. C. and Elgar, E. (2017). Competition Policy and the Control of Buyer Power: A Global Issue. Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd.
- Choukse, V. (2016, November 29). No cold-calling please: How hiring practices can be an antitrust violation. The Financial Express.Retrieved from: https://www.financialexpress.com/opinion/no-cold-calling-please-how-hiring-practices-can-be-an-antitrust-violation/458705/
- Collier, R.B., Dubal, V.B. and Carter, C. (2017). Labor Platforms and Gig Work: The Failure to Regulate. IRLE Working Paper No. 106-17. Available at: http://irle.berkeley.edu/files/2017/Labor-Platforms-and-Gig-Work.pdf
- Davis, R.T. (2018). Talent can’t be allocated: a labor economics justification for no-poaching agreement criminality in antitrust regulation. Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law, Vol. 12, Issue 2.
- Jerry, R.H. and Knebel, D. E. (1984). Antitrust and Employer Restraints in Labor Markets. Industrial Relations Law Journal,Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 173-254.
- Krueger, A. B., and Posner, E. A. (2018). A Proposal for Protecting Low Income Workers from Monopsony and Collusion. Policy Proposal. The Hamilton Project.
- Laitenberger, J. (2017). Enforcing EU Competition Law: Principles, Strategy and Objectives. Fordham University, 44th Annual Conference on International Antitrust Law and Policy. Available at: http:// ec.europa.eu/competition/speeches/text/sp2017_11_en.pdf
- Marinescu, I. and Hovenkamp, H.J. (2019). Anticompetitive Mergers in Labor Markets. Indiana Law Journal, 94: 1-32.
- Marx, K. (1984). Das Capital, Volume 1-The Process of Production of Capital.
- Naidu, S., Posner, E. and Weyl, E.G. (2018). Antitrust Remedies for Labor Market Power. Harvard Law Review, Vol. 132, No.2, p. 537-601.
- Noll, R. G. (2005). ‘Buyer power’ and economic policy. Antitrust Law Journal, 72(2): 589-624.
- OECD (2019). Collective Bargaining 4.0: using labour law to extend coverage to new forms of work, on the level. Available at: https:// oecdonthelevel.com/2019/11/13/collective-bargaining-using-labour-law-to-extend-coverage-to-new-forms-of-work/
- Page, N. (2017). The Predatory Hiring Standard for Section 2 Violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act. Northern Illinois University Law Review, Vol. 8 No. 2.
- Parker, G., Alstyne, M.V. and Jiang, X. (2017, March). Platform Ecosystems: How Developers Invert the Firm. MIS Quarterly,Vol. 41, No. 1.
- Scheelings, R. and Wright, J. D. (2006). ‘Sui Generis’?: An Antitrust Analysis of Buyer Power in the United States and European Union. Akron Law Review, Vol. 39, Issue 1.
- Shibata, S. (2019). Gig Work and the Discourse of Autonomy: Fictitious Freedom in Japan’s digital Economy. New Political Economy.
- Smith, A. (1776). An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations.Pp. 82-85
- Steinbaum, M. (2019, June). Antitrust, the Gig Economy, and Labor Market Power. Law and Contemporary Problems, Vol. 82, p. 45.
- Stutz, R. (2018, July 31). The Evolving Antitrust Treatment of Labor-Market Restraints: From Theory to Practice. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3332642 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3332642.
- Valenduc, G. and Vendramin, P. (2016, April 26). Work in the Digital Economy: Sorting the Old from the New. ETUI Research Paper Working Paper 2016.03. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2770405 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2770405
- Weil, D. (2017). The Fissured Workplace: Why Work Became So Bad for So Many and What Can Be Done to Improve It. Harvard University Press, 3rd Edition, p. 93-98.
- Yüksel, B. and Salan, M. (2019, July 11). A Brief Analysis of Competition Law Enforcement in Labor Markets and the Approach of the Turkish Competition Authority. Kluwer Competition Law Blog. Retrieved from: http://competitionlawblog.kluwercompetitionlaw.com/2019/07/11/a-brief-analysis-of-competition-law-enforcement-in-labor-markets-and-the-approach-of-the-turkish-competition-authority/